Since 2013, 10 billion records have been stolen due to data breach. On an average 60 records get stolen every second. While the average cost of breach for a company is around $200 per record, what is really lost is the confidence of its customers, the damage to a businesses reputation/brand and the legal ramifications sometimes resulting in lawsuits.
The downtime of key software could have cause loss of business and also seriously hamper organization wide productivity.
As the saying goes “it’s better to be SAFE than SORRY”. Security Testing is one such safety tool that companies should definitely deploy to ensure smooth operation of their businesses.
Here are some questions that companies should answer to check their Security profile :
- Is Security Audit regularly conducted for the companies key assets?
- Is patching mechanism of all software tools/stacks in place?
- Have you measured an impact a security breach would have? Have you ever simulated a security attack to learn and fix issues?
- Is Security Testing part of your CI/CT process?
- Does your development team perform code reviews as it relates to Security?
- Are the open source libraries you use regularly checked for security vulnerabilities?
- Are your third party application components tested for Security?
- Do you track or test the application for new vulnerability once it is live?
- Does anyone in the organization keep track of latest security threats in the market that can impact your application?
If the answer to the questions above is “NO”, it’s time you get serious about the security of your customer data and the business risk that could pose to your business.
Neova provides Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) service with its certified Security professionals that will perform both manual and automated testing of your applications.