Travel and tourism are near to stand-still due to the COVID-19 pandemic and no one knows when it will restart. A future travel will increase growth to the travel insurance. Travel industries will start coming back online and travellers will start going out again. In a nutshell, until the COVID-19 virus is under control, it’s too soon to judge when people can start booking again.
The Travel / Tourism industry comprises all the companies that provide the services and products that are meant and used by tourists.
As the online travel industry continues to grow, competition between travel providers is at peak.
Choosing a domain name is a big decision, especially in the travel industry. Your URL is one of the first things people notice when they look for online travel research.
Key things involved in Travel domain setup
- Get a .com domain name that is more specific to your business
E.g. .travel, .tours
- Keep specific URL to the travel industry
- Domain expiration renewal reminders enabled
- Remove bunk DNS entries
- Domain protected by WAF or web proxy
- HTTPS enabled using strong, publicly trusted certificate
- Mail Exchanger (MX) records set using mail provider
- MTA-STS to increase mail transport security
- TLS-RPT to report on TLS issues with your email
- DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
- “HSTS for email” using STARTTLS
- DNSSEC authenticates your DNS entries to reduce the likelihood of spoofing or maliciously manipulated entries
What investment is involved in setting up a travel domain?
- You can pay a host agency $400 to $1,200 to get started
- To start your own independent agency, it may cost you between $1,000 and $10,000, depending on the markets you serve. You can build the Mobile apps for IOS and Android.
- Creating a SAAS software as a service platform we can go for Cloud GCP/AWS/Azure based on requirements and how much scaling we need. If we are having an existing business like having relationships with multiple service providers then we can maintain a common Dashboard.
Strategies to increase Revenue
- Create a good website – It is very important to have an attractive and user-friendly website. Ability to do branding( customizing same functionality for multiple users(operators or TMCS)
- Collaborating with social media – It is a good sales technique to do marketing via social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
- Option to choose packages – Combine your services to provide unique experience to your clients
- Request for review – Ask your customers to share their feedback or experiences
- Know your client needs – You need to understand the needs of your customers to speak their language
- Be responsive – Respond to all your customer requests within SLA
Opportunities in Travel Domain
- There are several opportunities in the travel domain, these day many employers give importance to travel/vacations of their employees for the below reasons :
- Morale boost – The promise of a vacation is enough to keep your employee’s morale high
- Stress relief – Encouraging employees to take time offs is enough to recharge their batteries and to help them clear their heads
- Improve productivity – Encouraging your employees to go on vacations can help them in achieving job satisfaction thus leading to higher productivity
- Job requirements – Employers can offer travel to their employees to attend conferences, trade shows, meet-ups, etc
- Redis with Java application: – Employers can offer paid vacations to their employees for certain periods of time
- Opportunity while signing a new client/business – Face-to-face meetings play a vital role in signing the contract.
- Opportunity of Networking – When you travel, you have the chance to meet new people you would never interact with if you were sitting in your office. This may lead to expanding your company’s footprint with the new contract.
- Broadening the order book with the help of existing clients/customers
- Hotel – This is the best opportunity from which you can earn a good return on investment.
- Travel Agency – Establishing a travel agency is a good option if you want to advise your customer about tour packages, help planning their travel by charging a commission to them.
- Vehicle Renting – You can rent your vehicle to tourists so that they can go in the direction they want
- Photography – Photography is another popular option as every tourist wants to create memories of the place they visit. The best option is to tie up with travel agents or hotels to attract customers.
Travel Revenue Growth
- Good Revenue growth is only possible when you sell the right product or service to the right clients at the right price
- Travel industry operates through a large network of interconnected industries which aim to serve the people on travel
- Top source of employment – The travel industry is one of the top source of employment across the globe, generating about 10% of employment
- Economic growth – Most of the countries looks at tourism/travel not just to attract tourists but to develop a platform which supports the economic growth of the country
- Travel industry is the source of foreign exchange earnings
How different industries are dependent on travel domain
- Good transport
- Fleet management
- Globalization has increased the number of passengers/people travelling to foreign countries each year. The tourism industry plays an important role in managing this commercial activity that creates demand and growth for many other industries.
- Insurance – Insurance industry largely depends on travel as they offer insurance in a variety of ways. E.g Insurance for medical emergencies, Luggage insurance etc
- Hotel Industry – Hotels are the popular form of accommodation for people travelling to different locations
- Food and Beverage industry – This caters to the needs of travellers with the provision of food and drink services. This industry is broadly divided into the below categories:
- Restaurants – This is the most common category in the Food and Beverage Industry. Restaurants are of different types i.e. Fast Food chains, Family Restaurants, etc.
- Catering – Provided in many forms including airplanes, ferries, trains, etc
- Bars & Cafes – Bars serves alcoholic beverages along with soft drinks, Cafes serves hot drinks and snacks
- Entertainment industry – The entertainment industry plays a vital role in the travel industry. Entertainment site / Theme parks can sometimes be the reason for travel
- Casino – Casinos are sometimes connected to Resorts and Hotels. They provide the gambling activities like dice games, card games, etc
- Shopping – Shopping is another crucial aspect of the travel industry. This includes Shopping centers, local markets, Duty-free shops etc
- Financial Services – It mainly includes the services related to Currency conversion
- Educational – Many people travel to conferences, training sessions, academic institutions.
- Cultural events – Religious or cultural events keep taking place in the world which attracts a number of tourists/travellers from across the globe
Travel industry brings people from everywhere in the world. This industry also brings the emerging economies along with job creation and more.
For queries related to Travel domain contact email@example.com