One-stop solution provider for a leading security/networking and infrastructure news portal
- Streamline Campaign Management process
- Leverage business intelligence with data visualization dashboard
- Manage Infrastructure and PaaS environment at scale
SDX Central Introduction
SDxCentral is a United States-based technology journalism and market data research company based in Denver, Colorado. The company was founded in 2012 as SDNCentral focused on Software Defined Network, and changed its name to SDxCentral in 2015 to reflect its broadened focus on all emerging infrastructure technologies. The site currently receives over 200,000 unique visitors per month from over 170 different countries. SDxCentral is the Trusted News, Resource Site for Software-defined Everything (SDx), SDDC, SDN, SDS, Containers NFV, Cloud and Virtualization Infrastructure.
Challenges & Goals
The requirements set by SDxCentral were to take over the complete development, testing, and help manage operations of their leading news portal.
Neova and SDxCentral identified the following goals:
- Improve user response time and overall user experience
- Scale application to support growing traffic
- Develop and deploy new features to aid business expansion and product reach
- Automate publishing of posts
- Enhance Campaign Management functionality
- Implement CI/CD process to reduce push to production times
- Better overall product quality and manage the infrastructure
Neova’s technical team worked on all the requirements:
Listed below are some of the items that the Development team worked on:
- Optimized usage of APIs, fixed errors, rearranged background jobs, and reduced processing load thereby significantly improving the page load time.
- Reviewed PaaS infrastructure and tuned for better performance and scale.
- Worked on product features and bug fixes to enhance core product functionality.
- Migrated from a paid reporting sub-system to an open-source implementation with custom reports.
QA Automation testing:
Listed below are some QA tasks worked on:
- Integrated Jenkins and issue tracking tool
- Running continuous integration through AWS instance
- Achieved test automation using Selenium and Multi-Threaded test suites
- Reduced Test cycle time with the help of Parallel execution
- Increased test coverage with high accuracy and controlled web portal testing
- Keeping track of analytics to ensure better website performance