Communication Platform that brings teams and customers closer
Nextiva is a voice-over-internet-protocol company based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Nextiva focuses on the area of cloud-based communication . Nextiva indicates its telephone and other technology services are currently used by 150,000 businesses.
Challenges & Goals
Nextiva wanted to set up the onshore-offshore model for the QA processes and daily QA activities with multiple key areas to focus on. Below were the key areas identified for the Neova team to focus on
- Explore and gain in-depth knowledge of Nextiva’s core product
- Improve the product quality
- Streamlining product development process to focus on Quality Assurance.
- Implement the measures to expedite the QA Operations
After getting a clear understanding of the requirements from the client, the following activities were initiated:
- Baselining the current QA status.
- A detailed review of the existing test cases available in traditional as well BDD format for any additions as well as deletions of the test cases.
- Identified critical-business scenarios to come up with a regression suite for multiple Nextiva products.
- Mapped the business requirements and updated the test cases with additional scenarios for better coverage.
- Functional and compatibility tests were performed on cross platforms and cross-browser. Additionally, Browserstack was utilized to capture compatibility issues in a timely manner.
- Designed and implemented automation solutions to streamline continuous enhancements and multiple releases for different Nextiva products using Cypress and Mocha.
- Further to the automation of test cases, all the regression and smoke test suites were automated through CI/CD integration. This ensures that the product is auto tested immediately for every release that significantly reduces the QA turn around time and derive faster conclusions about build quality.