Perpetual Budget Case Study
Perpetual Budget (PB) is a mature budgeting platform for company departments that features built-in spend management of the outside spend. The budgeting approach is “project-centric”, where the budgets and spend are focused on project management. The collaborative quality of the software is Role-based access allowing budget admins, project managers and vendor managers to work together to execute against the budget plan.
PB integrates seamlessly with leading ERP providers like SAP, Coupa and others.
Challenges & Goals
Spicer-baer, the holding company of PB, was looking for a development partner that could help achieve the following goals:
- Implement role-based user management.
- Eliminate challenges faced by multiple users to evaluate budgeting across departments.
- Represent Data in a structured way.
- Integrate PB with third party apps.
- Resolve data synchronization issues between ERP and the web application.
- Create mobile application for budget approval process
Our dedicated developers were successful in implementing the client requirement with their technical expertise, innovative ideas and a can-do attitude. Neova started working with Spicer-baer in 2012. What started as a small engagement ended up being converted into Neova completely taking over the Desktop, Web and Mobile application development for the company.
1. Neova team helped build a Web Application that mimicked the desktop application that the users were already accustomed too. Custom controls were built that replicated XL sheet like functionality giving the users the flexibility to manage department budgets in the same way they were used to on the desktop application.
2. Database was migrated to SQL Server 2 which took care of a lot of issues that were present in the prior application.
3. Role based user management was implemented to provide finer control on who gets access to what helping increase revenue for the company as more seats with different roles could now be sold.
4. Hierarchical representation of data helped administrators organize and analyze data easily.
5. Mapping of data elements helped resolve the data synchronization issue with third party apps.
Neova’s team helped build a mobile front end for the PB application allowing users to approve budgets “on the go” thereby significantly reducing the approval process time. Push notifications were implemented that helped users.