But before using eclipse Tern IDE, Eclipse needs to be configured.
Steps for eclipse configuration:
- Install “Tern Eclipse IDE” from the eclipse marketplace, accept the license.
- Create a new Java Project.
- Remove src and JRE, as those are not required.
- Now right-click on Project and configure it by clicking convert to Tern project.
- Once done, do select Protractor from the library set on the Modules selection window.
- Click on save and configure.
Once done, you can create a Protractor project, helping you with in-built library methods. But the configuration file cannot be run directly from Eclipse run. In order to configure Eclipse run, follow the steps:
- Create conf and spec file inside your project.
- Create runner.bat file, containing run command e.g. Protractor conf.js.
- Now click on run ->External Tool Configuration.
- Select New Configuration within program.
- Select respective project folder in working directory section and runner.bat file in main section.
- Once done, click on save and apply.
- Now user can run project just by clicking on the “Run Last Tool” button.
Neova has expertise in automation testing of AngularJS applications using Protractor.